lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Don Vaillancourt <d...@webimpact.com>
Subject Here is how to search multiple indexes
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:32:26 GMT
Here is the code that I use to do multi-index searches:

// create a multi index searcher
IndexSearcher indexes[] = new IndexSearcher[n];  // where n is the number
of indexes to search

for (int i = 0; i < n; i++)
{
         // use whichever IndexSearcher constructor you want
         // blah is the appropriate value to pass
         indexes[i] = new IndexSearcher(blah);
}

// This is the part which allows you to search multiple indexes
Searcher searcher = new MultiSearcher(indexes);

// do the search
Query query = QueryParser.parse(expression, colSearch, analyzer);

searcher.search(query);

At 01:19 PM 20/07/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>i want to join two lucene indexes but i dont know how to do that.
>
>For example i have a student index and a school index.
>In the scholl index i have the studentId field.
>

>How to do that ?
>Any idea will be wellcomed.
>Thx, Sergio.

Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development

WEB IMPACT INC.
416-815-2000 ext. 245
email: donv@web-impact.com
web: http://www.web-impact.com

copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is