lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Don Vaillancourt <d...@webimpact.com>
Subject Re: Exact match search
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:24:36 GMT
How do you go about getting an exact match for a document that can contain
hundreds of words?  As I understand it, when you tokenize a document it is
broken into words so really all the results you show are exact matches.

At 03:17 PM 12/07/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want to match documents that exactly equal a certain value, not just
>contain it.
>
>If I search for "foo" in Lucene I get back documents like these:
>
>"foo"
>"foo bar"
>"bar foo"
>
>Is there a way to just get the ones that exactly
>equal the value I'm searching for?  In this case, I want to only return the
>first document (ex. "foo").
>
>I have a workaround where I store all the values
>and then after I get the hits I go through them and skip those that don't
>match.  But this will return result sets of hundreds of documents that I don't
>need.
>
>Help!

Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development

WEB IMPACT INC.
416-815-2000 ext. 245
email: donv@web-impact.com
web: http://www.web-impact.com

copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is