lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Don Vaillancourt <>
Subject Anyone use MultiSearcher class
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:36:29 GMT

Has anyone used the Multisearcher class?

I have noticed that searching two indexes using this MultiSearcher class
takes 8 times longer than searching only one index.  I could understand if
it took 3 to 4 times longer to search due to sorting the two search results
and stuff, but why 8 times longer.

Is there some optimization that can be done to hasten the search?  Or
should I just write my own MultiSearcher.  The problem though is that there
is no way for me to create my own Hits object (no methods are available and
the class is final).

Anyone have any clue?

Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development

416-815-2000 ext. 245

copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is