lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Don Vaillancourt <d...@webimpact.com>
Subject Re: boolean operators and score
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:45:33 GMT
What could actually be done is perhaps sort the search result by document
id.  Of course your relevancy will be all shot, but at least you would have
control over the sorting order.

At 09:05 AM 07/07/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>
>Finally I have sorted the problem of hits score thanks to the great help of
>Franck.
>
>I have hit another problem with the boolean operators now.
>When I search for "Winston and churchill" i get a set of perfectly
>acceptable results.
>But when I change the order, "churchill and winston" the results are the
>same but the order of the results changes.
>
>Is it possible to have the same order (hits.score) irrespective of which
>term is given before or after?
>

>Regards,
>Niraj

Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development

WEB IMPACT INC.
416-815-2000 ext. 245
email: donv@web-impact.com
web: http://www.web-impact.com

copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is