lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Don Vaillancourt <d...@webimpact.com>
Subject Re: boolean operators and score
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:11:42 GMT
I think that the only way to resolve this would be to order your keywords
alphabetically to control the result every single time prior to submitting
your search to Lucene.  I don't know if Lucene does this, but I'm fairly
sure that sorting the criteria would be a complex matter.

At 09:05 AM 07/07/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>
>Finally I have sorted the problem of hits score thanks to the great help of
>Franck.
>
>I have hit another problem with the boolean operators now.
>When I search for "Winston and churchill" i get a set of perfectly
>acceptable results.
>But when I change the order, "churchill and winston" the results are the
>same but the order of the results changes.
>
>Is it possible to have the same order (hits.score) irrespective of which
>term is given before or after?
>

>Regards,
>Niraj

Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development

WEB IMPACT INC.
416-815-2000 ext. 245
email: donv@web-impact.com
web: http://www.web-impact.com

copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is