lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cocula Remi" <rcoc...@sopragroup.com>
Subject Question about remote searching
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:19:39 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to do remote searching via RMI.
In a first step I wrote my own remote search method that should return results as an object
of type Hits.
But it does not work as the Hit class is not Serializable.
Then I took a look at the RemoteSearchable class and realized that it implements search using
the low level API (ie:  public void search(Query query, Filter filter, HitCollector results)).

Elsewhere in Lucene source code I read that using the high level API (those how deals with
Hits) is much more efficient.

Question : would it be possible to make the Hit class Serializable so it could be used through
RMI mechanisms ?