lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Igor Perisic" <iperi...@entopia.com>
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:25:59 GMT
Hi Lucene experts:

   We are trying to build a simple document index on top of Lucene.

   We have:
	Given a document, there is a list of terms (e.g. word and weight pairs).
	The queries we want to be able to handle are:
		* Given a document, what are the terms?
		* Given some terms, what are the documents?
		Note here that the above weights are used for our own customized scoring.

We want to use Lucene as much as possible (not wanting to reinvent the wheel), what are our
options?

We can reuse some of the classes such as TermInfosWriter/Reader to store our lexicon, but
is there more stuff in Lucene we can take advantage of? Are we going in the right direction?

Cheers,

		Igor