lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sergiu Gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: continous index update
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:59:00 GMT
you have to delete the documents using IndexReader and write the
Documents using IndexWriter,
both of them place a lock on the index file, so ... you cannot work with
both of them in the same time.
(you get errors when you have an opened IndexWriter and try to delete a
document with an IndexWriter).

  I'm using lucene to index information I have in a database. Each time
the records in database are modified, I delete
the document and I add it again. If you are working with threads, make
sure that the instantiation and closing of IndexWriter and
IndexReaders are made in synchronized code.

 All the best,

  Sergiu