lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Post-sorted inverted index?
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:04:28 GMT
You can define a subclass of FilterIndexReader that re-sorts documents
in TermPositions(Term) and document(int), then use
IndexWriter.addIndexes() to write this in Lucene's standard format.  I
have done this in Nutch, with the (as yet unused) IndexOptimizer.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/nutch/nutch/src/java/net/nutch/indexer/IndexOptimizer.java?view=markup

Doug

Aphinyanaphongs, Yindalon wrote:
> I gather from reading the documentation that the scores for each document hit are computed
at query time.  I have an application that, due to the complexity of the function, cannot
compute scores at query time.  Would it be possible for me to store the documents in pre-sorted
order in the inverted index? (i.e. after the initial index is created, to have a post processing
step to sort and reindex the final documents).