lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: Post-sorted inverted index?
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:04:28 GMT
You can define a subclass of FilterIndexReader that re-sorts documents
in TermPositions(Term) and document(int), then use
IndexWriter.addIndexes() to write this in Lucene's standard format.  I
have done this in Nutch, with the (as yet unused) IndexOptimizer.

Aphinyanaphongs, Yindalon wrote:
> I gather from reading the documentation that the scores for each document hit are computed
at query time.  I have an application that, due to the complexity of the function, cannot
compute scores at query time.  Would it be possible for me to store the documents in pre-sorted
order in the inverted index? (i.e. after the initial index is created, to have a post processing
step to sort and reindex the final documents).
> For example:
> Document A - score 0.2
> Document B - score 0.4
> Document C - score 0.6
> Thus for the word 'the', the stored order in the index would be C,B,A.
> Thanks!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message