lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brisbart Franck <Franck.Brisb...@kelkoo.net>
Subject Re: boolean operators and score
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 07:43:58 GMT
There's no need to sort the words here.
You just have to ensure that the lucene query built is the same for the
requests that you consider as equivalent.
I mean that if a request 'word1 word2' gives results different than
'word2 word1', the problem is in your query parser or in the way you
give the requests to it.
I keep on saying that with the lucene query parser, the requests 'word1
and word2' & the request 'word2 and word1' are different because of the
'required' flag.

Franck