lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: Understanding TooManyClauses-Exception and Query-RAM-size
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:11:29 GMT
Martin.Stein@materna.de wrote:

>Hi,
>
>a couple of weeks ago we migrated from Lucene 1.2 to 1.4rc3. Everything went
>smoothly, but we are experiencing some problems with that new constant limit
>

>	maxClauseCount=1024
>
>which leeds to Exceptions of type
>
>	org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses
>
>when certain RangeQueries are executed (in fact, we get this Excpetion when
>we execute certain Wildcard queries, too). Although we are working with a
>fairly small index with about 35.000 documents, we encounter this Exception
>when we search for the property "modificationDate". For example
>
>	modificationDate:[000000 TO 0dwc970kw]

We talked about this the other day.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/IndexingDateFields

Find out what type of precision you need and use that.  If you only need
days or hours or minutes then use that.   Millis is just too small.

We're only using days and have queries for just the last 7 days as max
so this really works out well...

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.