lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Way to repair an index broking during 1/2 optimize?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:53:44 GMT
Kevin A. Burton wrote:
> So is it possible to fix this index now?  Can I just delete the most
> recent segment that was created?  I can find this by ls -alt

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question: this should work fine.  I don't
think you should even have to delete that segment.

Also, to elaborate on my previous comment, a mergeFactor of 5000 not
only delays the work until the end, but it also makes the disk workload
more seek-dominated, which is not optimal.  So I suspect a smaller merge
factor, together with a larger minMergeDocs, will be much faster
overall, including the final optimize().  Please tell us how it goes.

Doug