lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <>
Subject Way to repair an index broking during 1/2 optimize?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:02:17 GMT
So.. the other day I sent an email about building an index with 14M

That went well but the optimize() was taking FOREVER.  It took 7 hours
to generate the whole index and when complete as of 10AM it was still
optimizing (6 hours later) and I needed the box back.

So is it possible to fix this index now?  Can I just delete the most
recent segment that was created?  I can find this by ls -alt

Also... what can I do to speed up this optimize?  Ideally it wouldn't
take 6 hours.

Please reply using PGP.
    NewsMonster -
       AIM/YIM - sfburtonator,  Web -
  IRC - #infoanarchy | #p2p-hackers | #newsmonster

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message