lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Way to repair an index broking during 1/2 optimize?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:02:17 GMT
So.. the other day I sent an email about building an index with 14M
documents.

That went well but the optimize() was taking FOREVER.  It took 7 hours
to generate the whole index and when complete as of 10AM it was still
optimizing (6 hours later) and I needed the box back.

So is it possible to fix this index now?  Can I just delete the most
recent segment that was created?  I can find this by ls -alt

Also... what can I do to speed up this optimize?  Ideally it wouldn't
take 6 hours.

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.