lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sergiu Gordea <gser...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>
Subject Re: MultifieldQueryParser.parse()
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 09:19:01 GMT
Daniel Naber wrote:

>On Tuesday 06 July 2004 10:09, Sergiu Gordea wrote:
>

>>Do we have an alternative solution, reasonably simple for this problem?
>>

>No, but are you sure that MultifieldQueryParser does the right thing at all?
>If someone searches for +a +b the parser will (currently) build something
>like this (assuming the fields you want to search arw title and body):
>
>(+title:a +title:b) (+body:a +body:b)

... unfortunately you are right, but it is a pitty that it not working
as we want to,
it seemed to be so useful. It seems that this is the backside of the
"reverse indexing" medal...

  Has anyone some Ideeas about how can we avoid this situation?

 Except ... indexing everithing in one column?

 Or ... do we have some other classes as an alternative to

MultifieldQueryParser?

  Thanks,

  Sergiu