lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Brown <rbr...@redbaritone.com>
Subject Re: Underscore character and case issue
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:26:14 GMT
>> I traverse a series of files under a parent directory (similar to the
>> demo sample) and store the filename in a Document Keyword field called
>> 'Filename'.  I am using the StandardAnalyzer for both building the
>> index and searching the index.
>
> ... and here lies your problem. StandardAnalyzer lowercases the tokens,
> and strips most of the non-letters from tokens. I suggest using Luke
> (http://www.getopt.org/luke) to look inside your index, and see the
> terms as they ended up in the index, and to try out some other analyzers
> to see which is the most appropriate in your case.

I looked at this at the beginning and could not get it to run initially.

Is this a SDK version problem perhaps?

F:\Apache\Lucene\AddOns\Luke\v0.5>java -jar lukeall.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
         at org.getopt.luke.ClassFinder.findClassesThatExtend(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.getopt.luke.ClassFinder.getInstantiableSubclasses(Unknown Source)
         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.main(Unknown Source)

F:\Apache\Lucene\AddOns\Luke\v0.5>java -classpath luke.jar;lucene.jar
org.getopt.luke.Luke
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
         at org.getopt.luke.ClassFinder.findClassesThatExtend(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.getopt.luke.ClassFinder.getInstantiableSubclasses(Unknown Source)
         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.getopt.luke.Luke.main(Unknown Source)

F:\Apache\Lucene\AddOns\Luke\v0.5>java -fullversion
java full version "1.3.1_10-b03"

F:\Lucene\AddOns\Luke\v0.5>