lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Hetan Shah <Hetan.S...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Search Result
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:38:43 GMT
What I am trying to figure out is. In my search result which is returned
by the

Document doc = hits.doc(i);
<text to show> = doc.get("summary");

The summary field seems to contain only the first few lines of the
document. How can I make it to contain the piece that matches the query
string?

Thanks.
-H

Hetan Shah wrote:

> David,
>
> Do you know, in the demo code, how do I override or change this value
> so that I get to see the appropriate chuck of document? Would this
> change make the actual result to show the relevant section of the
> document?
>
> Sorry to sound so ignorant, I am very new at the whole search
> technology, getting to learn a lot from a great supportive community.
>
> Thanks,
> -H
> David Spencer wrote:
>
>> Hetan Shah wrote:
>>
>>> My search results are only displaying the top portion of the indexed
>>> documents. It does match the query in the later part of the
>>> document. Where should I look to change the code in demo3 of default