lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Extracting Lucene onto Tomcat
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:57:13 GMT
There is no need to extract Lucene's JAR file.

Your questions indicate that you have some Tomcat and Java web
application learning to do and this forum is not the most appropriate
place to ask.  Lucene includes a web application demo that you could
try deploying by following the steps here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/demo3.html

Just drop luceneweb.jar into CATALINA_HOME/webapps, restart Tomcat and
try hitting http://localhost:8080/luceneweb and pressing the search
button - you will get an error unless you've followed all the steps,
but you should not get a class cast exception and Lucene will be
working properly (now follow the steps to build an index and configure
the pointer to it).

	Erik