lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene vs. MySQL Full-Text
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:05:23 GMT
Interestingly (and ironically) enough, the project I'm currently
working on requires full-text searching of Word and PDF resumes.  SQL
Server is already the required database as well, so we are leveraging
the full-text indexing capabilities it has.  There is a special trick
to drop a BLOB into a table which also has a file extension and mime
type columns, and have SQL Server index it with its Index Server
capabilities.  Lucene was not needed, and we made the pragmatic
(simplest that worked well) choice.

My recommendation would be to implement something rather than debate it
- and if it is good enough, leave it alone, if not then try a different
approach :)

	Erik