lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten Konrad" <>
Subject AW: How to acces informations from a part of the index
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:28:56 GMT

Why don't you just use two indexes? You probably do not hate to index the test set at all.

If you have two or more subsets, just use filters that only matches the subsets you are interested
in. Counting documents and such that do contain a certain term in one of the subset becomes
then a search over the filtered document index and counting the number of results. Filters
are quite

Hope this helps,

Dr.-Ing. Karsten Konrad
Head of Artificial Intelligence Lab

Xtramind Technologies GmbH
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3
D-66123 Saarbr├╝cken

Phone +49 (681) 3 02-51 13
Fax +49 (681) 3 02-51 09

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: []
Gesendet: Freitag, 9. Juli 2004 11:22
Betreff: How to acces informations from a part of the index

for my thesis I have to use Lucene index for a Text categorization program. For that I need
to split the index in two. So i have a learning set and a
validation set. The problem is that I don't know how to ask lucene to give
me,for exemple, the number of documents IN ONLY ONE of these subsets
containing a specific term.
For example, I would to get number of document containing term "hello" in a
subset of document. This subset is a set of the document number({5,3} and the
complete index would contains document {0,1,2,3,4,5})
How can I do this in an efficient way?
I tried to get all document containing the term and then verify which document
belong to my subset. However, it appears that it's very slow to do this. Thanks in advance
Claude Libois

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: