lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kelvin Tan <lists-kel...@relevanz.com>
Subject Re: authentication support in lucene
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:23:56 GMT
If you don't have low-level access to the framework that can retrieve a batch
list of accessible IDs, document-by-document checking of ACL will be _painful_.

I implemented ACL checking via Filters. Caching filters definitely helps, but
may not be applicable in every situation. I stored the UUID of each document in
the database as well as in Lucene. That way, by retrieving a list of accessible
documents via SQL, I can create the necessary BitSet.

Kelvin