lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Can I retrieve token offsets from Hits?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:32:10 GMT
>  I need these values for hihglighting. I've already looked to
> Highlighter in sandbox but it actually re-analyzes the original
> document's field.

Technically not true, as of a few months ago. The good news is the highlighter has been redesigned
specifically to use TokenStreams not Analyzers. This would enable you to pass the token position
in from a pre-computed store of token positions. The bad news is that such a token-position
feature has not been added to core Lucene yet.
If it ever is added the highlighter is already set up to make good use of it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message