lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian McDonnell <>
Subject Re: Extracting Lucene onto Tomcat
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:43:01 GMT
Well when i extracted it, it created the org/apache/lucene directories in the public_html directory.
When i try to compile any of the source it just throws numerous errors. I've got the classpath
set to web-inf/classes.

Have i extraced it to the wrong directory?

--- Erik Hatcher <> wrote:
On Jul 21, 2004, at 8:10 AM, Ian McDonnell wrote:
> Is the package information and import paths ready to deploy on Tomcat
> server. I tried extracting lucene on the server, but when i compile
> files, it just throws numerous no class definition errors and errors
> relating to the package.

Huh?  Lucene certainly deploys just fine in Tomcat web applications (in
a WAR under WEB-INF/lib).  Could you elaborate on what you mean here?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Sign up for FREE email from SpinnersCity Online Dance Magazine & Vortal at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message