lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jones G" <jone...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Searching against Database
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:54:22 GMT
I don't have any best practices to offer. I have been using Lucene with MySQL for an year though.

All I do is store a key of some sort in the index
new Field("id", getPK(), true, false, false)

and then relate that to the database in code.

For "Live Oracle" databases, you might consider different things.

As I hear, Oracle lets you use Java in PL (no experience here). So you might consider to add
some code into the triggers to add and delete documents from the index. But modifying the
index is not as quick as modifying a database in most cases. So you might want to come up
with some sort of a compromise on this.

Perhaps more experienced users in this list will have better insights.

Hope that helps.