lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: wierd error in weblogic due to lucene
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:00:49 GMT
On Tuesday 13 July 2004 23:30, Praveen Peddi wrote:

> The reason I think lucene is causing this problem is, the root exception
> given by weblogic is related to number of files open (see below for the
> exception).

Are you sure you close all Lucene IndexReaders/Writers/Searchers? It's best
to close them in a finally block so they get closed even when an exception
is thrown. The number of files shouldn't be the problem. Although you
could of course try with the compound index if your are not using that
already (IndexWriter.setUsecompoundFile()).

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de