lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Searching for asterisk in a term
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:07:10 GMT
The first thing you'll want to check is that you are using an Analyzer
that does not discard that '*' before indexing.  StandardAnalyzer, for
instance, will discard it.  Check one of Erik Hatcher's articles that
includes a tool that helps you see what your Analyzer does with the any
given text input.  You can also use Luke to see what your index
contains.

Otis