lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: addIndexes vs addDocument
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:33:52 GMT
Roy,

I'm not sure about the performance difference answer, but I imagine our
instinct about this is the same.  However, note that manually adding
documents will not work if you didn't _store_ (e.g. Field.Text) fields
in original indices, because you will not be able to retrieve the
original field value.

Otis