lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: Indexing documents through a set of (word, weight) pairs
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:30:01 GMT
Bok Igor,

For the first use case, you are really looking for what's called a
Forward Index.  If my memory serves me well, there was a project that
used Lucene at MIT called Haystack, and its author developed code that
worked with Lucene and created forward indices.  I never actually tried

If that doesn't do it for you, see this:

For the second use case - well, that is precisely what Lucene does. :)

It sounds like you are going in the right direction.  I suggest reading
a few Lucene articles (links on the Lucene Wiki) to get started.