lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Clews <>
Subject Boosting documents
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:31:44 GMT
I want to do the same, set a boost for a field containing a date that
lowers as the date is further from now, is there any way I could do

Also when I set a document boost at index time, with doc.setBoost(2);
then retrieve it via doc.getBoost() I always seem to get 1.0, even
though I can tell from a search that the boost works correctly. I
realise the docs say that the returned value may not be the same as the
indexed value, but should I always get 1? Essentially I'm trying to
allow an administrator to set the boost on the document through my

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 17:17 +0200, Akmal Sarhan wrote:
> I want to boost those with the oldest age to have a better score for
> example but in conjunction with other criteria (therefore the new Sort
> will not help I guess)

Rob Clews
Klear Systems Ltd
t: +44 (0)121 707 8558 e: