lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Konopinsky <skonopin...@blueprint.org>
Subject Limiting a unqiue field search.
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:01:23 GMT
I am attempting to query a field in my index for all unique values. I am
using the following call to get all the unique values of the field:

TermEnum enumerator = reader.terms(new Term(field, ""));

where read is an IndexReader and 'field' is the field name.

However, I would like further limit this by putting another constraint
in to limit the unique values to those who have a certain value in
another field. An exmaple would be to get 'the unique values of field1'
where 'field2 = true'.

Can anyone offer any advice how to best approach this problem?

Best Regards,
Shawn.