lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Moylan <jo...@rte.ie>
Subject Re: Search Result
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 08:48:30 GMT
The highlighter class.

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 23:38, Hetan Shah wrote:
> What I am trying to figure out is. In my search result which is returned
> by the
>
> Document doc = hits.doc(i);
> <text to show> = doc.get("summary");
>
> The summary field seems to contain only the first few lines of the
> document. How can I make it to contain the piece that matches the query
> string?
>
> Thanks.
> -H
>
> Hetan Shah wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > Do you know, in the demo code, how do I override or change this value
> > so that I get to see the appropriate chuck of document? Would this
> > change make the actual result to show the relevant section of the
> > document?
> >
> > Sorry to sound so ignorant, I am very new at the whole search
> > technology, getting to learn a lot from a great supportive community.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -H
> > David Spencer wrote:

> >> Sounds like this:
> >>
> >> http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html#DEFAULT_MAX_FIELD_LENGTH

John Moylan
----------------------
ePublishing
Radio Telefis Eireann,
Montrose House,
Donnybrook,
Dublin 4,
Eire
t:+353 1 2083564
e:john.moylan@rte.ie

copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that emails to, from and within RTÉ may be subject to the Freedom
of Information Act 1997 and may be liable to disclosure.