lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mik" <ste...@etnetera.cz>
Subject Can I retrieve token offsets from Hits?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:59:11 GMT
Hi,

It is possible to retrieve tokens offsets (Token.startOffset(),
Token.endOffset()) later when document is found and returned in hit
collection? I need these values for hihglighting. I've already looked to
Highlighter in sandbox but it actually re-analyzes the original
document's field. However, this is not preffered way when using
complicated (performance demanding) analyzer. So my question is - it is
possible to store (somehow) token offsets and get them later without
reanalizing the document?

Thanks

   Stepan