lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Polina Litvak" <>
Subject Problem with match on a non tokenized field.
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:19:40 GMT
I have a Lucene Document with a field named Code which is stored
and indexed but not tokenized. The value of the field is ABC5-LB.
The only way I can match the field when searching is by entering
Code:"ABC5-LB" because when I drop the quotes, every Analyzer I've tried
using breaks my
query into Code:ABC5 -Code:LB.
I need to be able to match this field by doing something like
Code:ABC5-L*, therefore always using quotes is not an option.
How would I go about writing my own analyzer that will not tokenize the
query ?