lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ernesto De Santis" <ernesto.desan...@colaborativa.net>
Subject Re: languages lucene can support
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 21:39:52 GMT
Hi Praveen

You can develope your SpanishAnalyzer easily (or another language) with SnowballAnalyzer.

I send you my SpanishAnalyzer.

Bye, Ernesto.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Praveen Peddi" <ppeddi@contextmedia.com>
To: "lucenelist" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 6:13 PM
Subject: languages lucene can support

I have read many emails in lucene mailing list regarding analyzers.

Following is the list of languages lucene supports out of box. So they will be supported with
no change in our code but just a configuration change.
English
German
Russian

Following is the list of languages that are available as external downloads on lucene's site:

Chinese
Japanese
Korean (all of the above come as single download)
Brazilian
CZech
French
Dutch

I also read that lucene's StandardAnalyzer supports most of the european languages. Does it
mean it supports spanish also? or is there a separate analyzer for that? I didn't see any
spanish analyzer in the sand box or lucene release.

Another question regarding FrenchAnalyzer. I downloaded FrenchAnalyzer and some methods do
not throw IOException where it is supposed to throw. For example, the constructor. I am using
1.4 final (I know its relased only today :)). Whats the fix for it?

Praveen

Praveen

Praveen Peddi
Sr Software Engg, Context Media, Inc.