lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aviran" <amo...@infosciences.com>
Subject RE: rebuild index
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:00:33 GMT
Why don't you just build a new index in a different location and at the end
add the missing documents from the old index to the new one, and then delete
the old index.

Aviran

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergiu Gordea [mailto:gsergiu@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 10:49 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: rebuild index

 Hi all,

 I have a question related to reindexing of documents with lucene. We want
to implement the functinality of rebuilding lucene index. That means I want
to delete all documents in the index and to add newer
versions.
All information I need to reindex is kept in the database so that I have
a Term ID, which is unique.

My problem is that I don't have a deleteall() method in IndexReader, and
I don't have undelete(int) and undelete(Term)
methods. I have only delete(Term) and  undeleteAll() methods that can be
used for this action.

I would like to delete all documents (just mark as deleted). Add the new
documents o the index and create a list of documents that were not
succesfully indexed,
(from different reasons, that may depend on lucene or on our code). At
the end I would like to restore (mark as undeleted) the documents in the
list and to optimize the
index, so that the changes to be permanetly commited in the index.

 Is this possible witout hacking lucene code? Any Ideas?

 Thanks in advance,

 Sergiu