lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "jitender ahuja" <ajiten...@aalayance.com>
Subject continous index update
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:35:46 GMT
Hi all,
          I am trying to make an automatic index update file based o a background thread,
but it gives errors in deleting the existing index, if (only if) the server accesses the index
at the same time or has once accessed it and even if a different request is posed, i.e. for
a different index directory or a different job, it makes no difference.
Can anyone tell that in such a continous update scenario, how the old index can be updated
as I feel deletion is a must of the earlier contents so as to get the new contents in place.

Regards,
Jitender