lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: similarity of two texts
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:24:14 GMT
Hey Eric,

What did you do to calc similarity?  I haven't had time, but was thinking of ways to add the
ability to get the similarity score (as calculated when doing a search) given a term vector
(or just a document id).  Any ideas on how to approach this would be appreciated.  The scoring
in Lucene has always been a bit confusing to me, despite looking at the code several times,
especially once you get into boolean queries, etc.

Thanks,
Grant

>>> erik@ehatchersolutions.com 06/01/04 06:01AM >>>
On May 31, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> Lucene can't help you.

What about using term vectors though?  I've been able to do rudimentary
document similarity calculations using the new support in Lucene 1.4.
Search the 'net for more info on term vectors and the formulas needed
(elementary vector angle calculation, actually).

	Erik