lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Giulio Cesare Solaroli <giulio.ces...@gmail.com>
Subject TermFreqVector based highlighter?
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:28:01 GMT
Hi,

I have managed to extract the relevant information to highlight the
search results out of an index that does not store field's content.

The result is a list of matching terms, with their relative weights.

This solves my problem, but it is very expensive, like I was
expecting, as it uses the explain feature of the IndexSearcher.

Since Lucene 1.4 I have seen that a new option is available for
fields: storeTermVector.

Now the questions:
- how much space do storeTermVector uses on the index (compared to
just indexed and fully stored fields)?
- if I "storeTermVector" the fields can I get back the list of
matching terms for a query in a more efficient way compared to a full
explain computation?

I am willing to drop weights altogether, if this could allow a more
efficient computation.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Giulio Cesare Solaroli