lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From iouli.golova...@group.novartis.com
Subject Re: indexing with 1.4-rc3 only yields single .cfs file
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:03:57 GMT
Otis,
can You explain please why 1.4-rc3 leaves old files like _*.cfs in index
folder after optimization.
The reference to them can be found also  in deletetable file. Is it a bug?

We switched from multi-file to compound index structure in one of the
recent RCs.  This should be mentioned in CHANGES.txt file.  The change
was made to make it more difficult for people to reach 'Too many open
files' situations.

Otis