lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: hit score in 1.3 vs 1.4
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:12:05 GMT
On Jun 11, 2004, at 5:51 AM, Stefan Groschupf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a strange problem until upgrading lucene 1.3 to 1.4 rc4.
> I'm using a third party component that include the old lucene 1.3 but
> i need to run the new 1.4 rc 4 in the same vm.
> So i unpack the component jar, remove all lucene 1.3 classes and
> repack it again and just add the new lucene in the classpath.
> So far everything running well, but the hits.score(i) method return
> for each hit 100 %. ;-o
>
> Does someone has any idea where may be the problem can be?

I'm not sure you'll have much luck with two versions playing well in
the sam VM together.  There are static variables used as well as JVM
system properties that factor into configuration settings.  I don't
have any specific recommendations, just a gut feeling that the issues
are not going to be pleasant.

	Erik