lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Olivier Catteau" <ocatteau_luc...@hotmail.com>
Subject Rebuild a part of an indexed document
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:10:25 GMT
Hi !

I would like to rebuild a part of a document that I have indexed with Lucene without reopen
it and parsing it again.

In fact, I would like to reconstitute the parts of the documents which corresponds to a search.

Here is an example of what I would like to obtain :
String myDocumentIndexed =
"Of all the amazing tales told about the Titanic, there is one little story I always find
fascinating even though it tells us absolutely nothing about the details of the TRAGIC sinking
on that cold night in April 1912."
+ "It is not the fact that the great liner was designed and had the space to carry 48 lifeboats
but only 16 were actually included to fulfil the letter of the law. It was not the fact that
in spite of ice WARNINGS the ship's speed was not reduced. If it had been, then fewer watertight
compartments would have been flooded, and the ship would have remained afloat much longer,
and possibly been salvaged.";

I release a search on "TRAGIC WARNINGS", I get a Hits instance containing my document (path
+ indexed content).

On this resulting document, I would like to have a "summary" corresponding to my request "TRAGIC
WARNINGS" such as this (or such as Google) :
"... nothing about the details of the TRAGIC sinking on that cold night .. the fact that in
spite of ice WARNINGS the ship's speed was not reduced ..."

And I would like to obtain this summary without reopen my document (big PDF) and without parsing
it again.

For the moment, I can have the "summary" but only if I parse again my PDF document (it takes
about 60s per document, it's to uch).

Is it possible to rebuild a part of an indexed document ? And, if it is, how to do this ?

Thanks a lot !