lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: QueryParser and Keyword Fields
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:23:06 GMT
On Jun 25, 2004, at 1:41 PM, wrote:
> Can anyone give me advice on the best way to not have your keyword
> fields
> analyzed by QueryParser?
> Even though it seems like it would be a common problem, I have read
> the FAQ,
> and found this relevant thread with no real answers.
> user@jakarta.apac
> "QueryParser has some nasty habits of analyzing everything."

Try searching the archives for NullAnalyzer or KeywordAnalyzer... then
use a PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper, with a special "analyzer" defined for
your keyword fields.

> Can't it be smart and not analyze fields that are keywords (aka not
> tokenized by the analyzer?)

This would be a major non-trivial change to make, I'm afraid.  You're
currently best sticking with the above advice at this point.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message