lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Proximity Searches behavior
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:39:45 GMT
On Jun 9, 2004, at 8:53 AM, Terry Steichen wrote:
> 3) Is there a plan for adding QueryParser support for the SpanQuery
> family?

Another important facet to Terry's question here is what syntax to use
to express all various types of queries?  I suspect that Google stats
show us that most folks query with 1 - 3 words and do not use the any
of the advanced features.

The elegance of the query syntax is quite important, and QueryParser
has gotten a bit hairy.  I would enjoy discussions on creating new
query parsers (one size doesn't fit all, I don't think) and what syntax
should be used.

Paul Elschot created a "surround" query parser that he posted about to
the list in April.

	Erik