lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: how to incorporate french stemmer in snowball?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:35:10 GMT
On Jun 29, 2004, at 4:23 AM, uddam chukmol wrote:
> I don't really know how to incorporate the french stemmer in to a
> snowball analyzer.
>
> Any sample code will be admired!

Here is a short example from our Lucene in Action book's code:

   public void testSpanish() throws Exception {
     Analyzer analyzer = new SnowballAnalyzer("Spanish");

     assertAnalyzesTo(analyzer,
         "algoritmos", new String[] {"algoritm"});
   }

Substitute "French" for "Spanish" and you should be in business,
provided you've grabbed 'snowball' source code from the
jakarta-lucene-sandbox CVS repository in the contributions/snowball
area.

	Erik