lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Don Vaillancourt <d...@webimpact.com>
Subject Re: Simultaneous Search
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:25:51 GMT
Here's another question along the same lines.

I'm building my code so that whenever I need to index new content I create
a new collection and then swap it with the older collection when ready
which I believe is the safer way of managing collections.

But does Lucene handle updating a collection while it is being searched.

At 11:35 AM 17/06/2004, you wrote:
>On Jun 17, 2004, at 11:23 AM, Don Vaillancourt wrote:
>>How does Lucene handle simultaneous search requests?
>>
>>Can it or is it up to the programmer to make sure that only one search
>>occurs at a time?
>
>Lucene handles concurrent searches, no problem.  No need for the
>programmer to ensure only one occurs at a time.  That would be a real
>bummer if it was that way.
>
>         Erik

Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development

WEB IMPACT INC.
416-815-2000 ext. 245
email: donv@web-impact.com
web: http://www.web-impact.com

copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is