lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy Goodell <good...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I prevent Sort fields from influencing score?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:40:04 GMT
I build the query myself, its really easy, I just use the normal query
parser with IndexReader.getFieldNames(true) and loop through all of
them to search everything at once.  You can either make a really big
BooleanQuery or make a bunch of small queries and merge the results,
depending on what kind of results you are looking for.  It's probably
not as fast as the one big data field method, but speed is not an
issue yet for anything i've done, whereas code maintenance is a pain,
witness my question that started this thread.

- andy g