lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy Goodell <good...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.4 Sort API compatible with 1.3 index?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:21:48 GMT
In my experience, the only barrier to using Sort with a 1.3 index is
that the Sort interface requires sortable fields to be indexed in a
certain way (not analyzed, indexed, and it doesnt matter if stored),
from the javadoc:

document.add (new Field ("byNumber", Integer.toString(x), false, true, false));

so unless you have fields of this prototype already in your index, you
may need to do some degree of re-indexing.  if you do already have the
fields indexed in this fashion, then you should be in good shape,
although i have only done cursory testing of this setup, since i have
migrated my setup entirely to 1.4.

- andy g