lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Brisbart Franck <Franck.Brisb...@kelkoo.net>
Subject Re: score and frequency
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:34:03 GMT
Forget about the PhraseQuery, I'm stupid, it can't work like that.
Because the phrase query will boost the documents which contain the
search and not the documents which match exactly the search. So, the
exact matches will come down. :-/

You need to have some information about the lucene documents to know if
it's an exact match. Such as the number of terms in the documents. The
problem is that this number is store in the lengthNorm and as it's
encoded on 1 byte, you can't have it precisely. So, you should shunt the
problem.
Here's another suggestion (a good one I hope):
Add another field containing the title as a Keyword. Then you just have
to replace the PhraseQuery I told you to use by a TermQuery searching
for the term (newField,search)
Of course, it will be a bit too restrictive to store the title without
any transformation. You can for example store in this field the
concatenation of the token given by your analyzer. Just don't forget to
do the same transformation also for the search.
Sorry for the previous posts.

Franck

Niraj Alok wrote:
> Hi Franck,
>
> You seem to be a genius in lucene !
>
> I have done finally all that which you have suggested, but now when I am
> searching for "lion", those terms are coming much below in terms of scores.
>
> This is despite me setting the boost for the phrase query. Infact, this is
> resulting in almost all the exact matches to come down.
>

> Regards,
> Niraj

also tried

> setting

> [...]