lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Spencer <dave-lucene-u...@tropo.com>
Subject Re: Fix for "advanced tokenizers and highlighter" problem
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:24:37 GMT
markharw00d@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> I think this version of the highlighter should provide a fix: http://www.inperspective.com/lucene/hilite2beta.zip
> Before I update the version of the highlighter in the sandbox I'd appreciate feedback
from those troubled
> with the issues to do with overlapping tokens in token streams (Erik, Dave, Bruce?)

1st pass of testing - yes, this does indeed fix the problem.
I've realized I may want to modify my Analyer now too.
I was focusing on the Token position increment instead of the offset.
For something like the case where I broken "HashMap" into 3 tokens:
"Hash", "Map", "HashMap", I was returning the same start/end offsets for
  all of them (thus a search on "Map" ends up with all of "HashMap"
being highlighted). Probably more correct is to return offsets within
the orig larger token so that you can see exactly where your term
matched. I'll update my code and then put up a site that demonstrates this.

thx,
  Dave