lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Becker <pe...@peterbecker.de>
Subject Re: Zilverline release candidate 1.0-rc3 available
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 07:57:24 GMT
Hi Michael,

I wonder if you would be interested in cooperating on the
extracting/index management bit. We use Lucene and our own extractor
plugins for a Swing-application:

  http://tockit.sf.net/docco

Code can be found here:

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/toscanaj/docco/

It is BSD-Style licenced. You did some more things than we (Zip/Rar and
CHM for example), we have simple OOo support:

 http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/toscanaj/docco/source/org/tockit/docco/documenthandler/OpenOfficeDocumentHandler.java?rev=1.4&view=auto

We also have dynamic class loading -- although only with a very simple
approach, we were considering moving on to Eclipse's model.

One thing I wanted to look at is PPT support -- but I don't know when.
The thing is that I am running this little project on my own at the
moment and it is not highest priority. But I'd be happy to synchronize
some aspects with your project since I think it would be very valuable
to have a generic document indexing framework which can be used in any
Lucene application.

Cheers,
   Peter