lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problems with lucene in multithreaded environment
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 21:49:13 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:
> Please tell me if you are able to simplify your queries and if that
> speeds things.  I'll look into a ThreadLocal-based solution too.

I've attached a patch that should help with the thread contention,
although I've not tested it extensively.

I still don't fully understand why your searches are so slow, though.
Are the indexes stored on the local disk of the machine?  Indexes
accessed over the network can be very slow.

Anyway, give this patch a try.  Also, if anyone else can try this and
report back whether it makes multi-threaded searching faster, or
anything else slower, or is buggy, that would be great.

Thanks,

Doug